Posted on: Friday, December 15, 2006
Posted at: 12/15/2006 07:47:00 PM
Posted at: 12/15/2006 07:47:00 PM
Hey guys, 6 years of education has passed so fast... Let me recall my past..
P1, my teacher was Mdm Pheh. She was a very kind n not tat fierce kinda teacher.. Then we were asked to paint the paintings outside our classes. Hahas.. Then lets see... I got 2nd in class for SA1. Actually P1 nth much tat was memorable..
P2, teacher mdm ruku. Quite fierce but kind.. N CA1, i rmb. I cheated. Not actually cheat. I got 94 marks n somehow i wasnt satisfied. So i changed answer. Then i told my fren beside me, adriel i tink. Then he told me to tell mdm ruku. Adriel, sorry i told u tat lie. Then mdm ruku said to me, " Danish, u changed ans, didnt u?" My face turned pale. I was lyk ," er... I.. I .." still, she got it out from me. I pleaded n pleaded n she gave me a chance. She didnt tell the principal, Mrs Tan Chin cheoh. I was lucky. She called up my parents n mdm ruku gave me a second chance. I was lucky. P2, i learned the correct way of holding a paint brush. Hahas. I tink tat was the memorable thing. Hmm... Oh ya. P2, got an temporary assistant teacher, Mr Razdi. HE was superb man. Played soccer wif us during PE. N there was also Mr Sam. He also played soccer wif us.
P3. Even better. Mrs Tan CS was my teacher. N there was a temporary teacher. Her name was ms yap. Hahas. Nvm. But i rmb we played a song using recorder for her. Then, another teacher replaced her, Mrs chong. She was gd. She helped us wif our science till we scored wif flying n swimming colours.. Gd eh. I lyk got 99 n crenshawn got 99 1/2. Then p3. We had a maths at play i tink. My group made lyk a soccer thingy. Hey, my soccer ball is still in a cupboard in tat room. Last two weeks, i got chicken pocks. Haix.. But. I received phone calls from frens tat i got first in class for SA1. I didnt believe them. So my mum went to sch to take my report book the nex day. Yahoo! I got first. I was on the top of the world. Tats all for P3.
P4. Memorable. Ms antony. Anybody still in contact wif her? Well, Ms antony was the one who brought me to the world of speakers corner n speakin up. Well, there was a competition. My topic was Children shud have a happy n carefree childhood. Here it is.
SPEAKER’S CORNER 2004
Topic: Children should have a happy and carefree childhood
In my opinion, every kid in Singapore deserves a carefree and happy childhood. A happy and carefree childhood means we have less homework and more free-play during lessons in class. We should have more P.E lessons. More active kids equal to zero obesity and no Taf Club! We should encourage learning through educational games in class. Learning in a fun way definitely makes me remember my facts! Our childhood is the only stage in our life where we can have fun and enjoy. When we grow up, we are too busy working to play. Just ask any teacher around us. If we don’t engage in frolicsome fun when young, then when, if at all!
Playing does not mean you don’t study. You should know how to manage your time to study and also play. But during the exam week, you should plan your study schedule well yet stagger your playtime. Remember, your exams are more important anyday. I think the principal of every school in the world should change their mindset and return our childhood to us, instead of holding them hostage!
Take our school as an example. We have 5 written exams in a year, the Revision Test, CA1, SA1, CA2, and SA2.Our teachers eternally bestow us a lot of worksheets to be done at home. Even on weekends, we will have a lot of homework. In my opinion, we should be given two trouble- free worksheets everyday even on Fridays.
Although we have Saturdays and Sundays to do our weekend homework, we also need to spend our time with our family on weekends instead of being bogged down with a load of complex schoolwork. Instead of 5 written examanation, our teachers can grade us by projects and presentations.
The Ministry of Education in Singapore values learning more than allowing kids to relish their childhood. If I were the president of Singapore, I will allow kids in my country to have the best time of their lives in schools, through meaningful play and interactive learning. But, I think for now, it will be more wishful thinking. However, it is reassuring to note that our new Prime Minister Lee shares the same vision.
The other one wasnt tat gd. I won the competition. P4, end of SA1 a lot of play. A lot. Play chess, uno, watch dvds. Hahas. Then the four buddies. Tat one disclosed. Wad is past is past. U can dig up the past. Half the year got a different teacher. Mrs cheah n mdm filza. Ok, lets move on.
P5. The four buddies were separated. Miss chow was my teacher. She was a great teacher. P5 nothing much memorable except, maths teacher. 5E pupils surely noe the story behind it.
P6. I will never forget P6. All the great frens ive made wif strange names. Adi dazzler, junior, zhuzhu, santahoe n lots more. Mrs Teo n miss hayati are our teachers. Half of the year was Mrs tan then changed to mrs teo. These three are really great teachers. I really wana tanks them. Memorable. I got avoided for lyk a month. Hahas. Followed by another twon weeks. Hahas. Nways, graduation day. Memorable. I was the MC of the ceremony together wif huizhen. It was a memorable one. I got to noe myself more. But on graduation, a lot of ppl cried. Cried cried cried n i tink eyes all were swallon. Hahas. Stayed back for lyk hours in school. N then last moment, i was tour guide. brought my frens around the school. Hahas. Including the toilets. Gurls went in boys. Boys went in gurls. An opportunity of a lifetime. Then the nex week, results were out. Another round of crying but not the same reason as graduation day. It was because of results. Hahas.
Now, 2 weeks to sec sch life. Haix, im gonna miss my frens. 6 years have gone so fast sias. Unfair. Pathetic. Such a pity. But LIVE LIFE TO ITS FULLEST!
I dun tink i will post tmr. Going out.
P1, my teacher was Mdm Pheh. She was a very kind n not tat fierce kinda teacher.. Then we were asked to paint the paintings outside our classes. Hahas.. Then lets see... I got 2nd in class for SA1. Actually P1 nth much tat was memorable..
P2, teacher mdm ruku. Quite fierce but kind.. N CA1, i rmb. I cheated. Not actually cheat. I got 94 marks n somehow i wasnt satisfied. So i changed answer. Then i told my fren beside me, adriel i tink. Then he told me to tell mdm ruku. Adriel, sorry i told u tat lie. Then mdm ruku said to me, " Danish, u changed ans, didnt u?" My face turned pale. I was lyk ," er... I.. I .." still, she got it out from me. I pleaded n pleaded n she gave me a chance. She didnt tell the principal, Mrs Tan Chin cheoh. I was lucky. She called up my parents n mdm ruku gave me a second chance. I was lucky. P2, i learned the correct way of holding a paint brush. Hahas. I tink tat was the memorable thing. Hmm... Oh ya. P2, got an temporary assistant teacher, Mr Razdi. HE was superb man. Played soccer wif us during PE. N there was also Mr Sam. He also played soccer wif us.
P3. Even better. Mrs Tan CS was my teacher. N there was a temporary teacher. Her name was ms yap. Hahas. Nvm. But i rmb we played a song using recorder for her. Then, another teacher replaced her, Mrs chong. She was gd. She helped us wif our science till we scored wif flying n swimming colours.. Gd eh. I lyk got 99 n crenshawn got 99 1/2. Then p3. We had a maths at play i tink. My group made lyk a soccer thingy. Hey, my soccer ball is still in a cupboard in tat room. Last two weeks, i got chicken pocks. Haix.. But. I received phone calls from frens tat i got first in class for SA1. I didnt believe them. So my mum went to sch to take my report book the nex day. Yahoo! I got first. I was on the top of the world. Tats all for P3.
P4. Memorable. Ms antony. Anybody still in contact wif her? Well, Ms antony was the one who brought me to the world of speakers corner n speakin up. Well, there was a competition. My topic was Children shud have a happy n carefree childhood. Here it is.
SPEAKER’S CORNER 2004
Topic: Children should have a happy and carefree childhood
In my opinion, every kid in Singapore deserves a carefree and happy childhood. A happy and carefree childhood means we have less homework and more free-play during lessons in class. We should have more P.E lessons. More active kids equal to zero obesity and no Taf Club! We should encourage learning through educational games in class. Learning in a fun way definitely makes me remember my facts! Our childhood is the only stage in our life where we can have fun and enjoy. When we grow up, we are too busy working to play. Just ask any teacher around us. If we don’t engage in frolicsome fun when young, then when, if at all!
Playing does not mean you don’t study. You should know how to manage your time to study and also play. But during the exam week, you should plan your study schedule well yet stagger your playtime. Remember, your exams are more important anyday. I think the principal of every school in the world should change their mindset and return our childhood to us, instead of holding them hostage!
Take our school as an example. We have 5 written exams in a year, the Revision Test, CA1, SA1, CA2, and SA2.Our teachers eternally bestow us a lot of worksheets to be done at home. Even on weekends, we will have a lot of homework. In my opinion, we should be given two trouble- free worksheets everyday even on Fridays.
Although we have Saturdays and Sundays to do our weekend homework, we also need to spend our time with our family on weekends instead of being bogged down with a load of complex schoolwork. Instead of 5 written examanation, our teachers can grade us by projects and presentations.
The Ministry of Education in Singapore values learning more than allowing kids to relish their childhood. If I were the president of Singapore, I will allow kids in my country to have the best time of their lives in schools, through meaningful play and interactive learning. But, I think for now, it will be more wishful thinking. However, it is reassuring to note that our new Prime Minister Lee shares the same vision.
The other one wasnt tat gd. I won the competition. P4, end of SA1 a lot of play. A lot. Play chess, uno, watch dvds. Hahas. Then the four buddies. Tat one disclosed. Wad is past is past. U can dig up the past. Half the year got a different teacher. Mrs cheah n mdm filza. Ok, lets move on.
P5. The four buddies were separated. Miss chow was my teacher. She was a great teacher. P5 nothing much memorable except, maths teacher. 5E pupils surely noe the story behind it.
P6. I will never forget P6. All the great frens ive made wif strange names. Adi dazzler, junior, zhuzhu, santahoe n lots more. Mrs Teo n miss hayati are our teachers. Half of the year was Mrs tan then changed to mrs teo. These three are really great teachers. I really wana tanks them. Memorable. I got avoided for lyk a month. Hahas. Followed by another twon weeks. Hahas. Nways, graduation day. Memorable. I was the MC of the ceremony together wif huizhen. It was a memorable one. I got to noe myself more. But on graduation, a lot of ppl cried. Cried cried cried n i tink eyes all were swallon. Hahas. Stayed back for lyk hours in school. N then last moment, i was tour guide. brought my frens around the school. Hahas. Including the toilets. Gurls went in boys. Boys went in gurls. An opportunity of a lifetime. Then the nex week, results were out. Another round of crying but not the same reason as graduation day. It was because of results. Hahas.
Now, 2 weeks to sec sch life. Haix, im gonna miss my frens. 6 years have gone so fast sias. Unfair. Pathetic. Such a pity. But LIVE LIFE TO ITS FULLEST!
I dun tink i will post tmr. Going out.

